Monday, June 6, 2016

Actress Torrey DeVitto will be spending her summer at a silent retreat

Actress Torrey DeVitto will be spending her summer at a silent retreat in a bid to calm her anxiety disorder.
The Pretty Little Liars star suffers from a chemical imbalance which can cause an attack of the nerves and insomnia, and she has decided to tackle her issues at a Vipassana centre in California, where guests have to share rooms and forfeit their cell phones upon arrival."I'm going on my first Vipassana, which is a silent retreat for five days," she told the New York Post's Page Six column. "I've done retreats before, but I've never done a silent one."


Torrey, who is both excited and nervous about the getaway, continues, "I'll have to share a room with people that I've never met before and there's no (verbal) communication. They said to bring a battery-operated alarm clock because you can't have your cellphone. You have to be completely cut off... It's just the anticipation of not knowing at all what to expect."
However, the 31-year-old admits the technology detox will be good for her as her iPhone addiction has already started to affect her bone health.
"I actually have my first iPhone deformity because it sits on my pinky and now my bone actually dips in where my cellphone sits," she laughed. "It's disgusting. It will never reverse - that's what my doctor told me! He said I started arthritis and because of that it's not going to go back. What are we doing to ourselves?"
She won't be the only star who has chosen to turn down the Hollywood buzz at a silent retreat - actress Daphne Zuniga swears by California's Vipassana Centers, stating, "You gain a new energy and a fearlessness that allows you to act in a clearer unattached way. Fear and self-judgment go away."
And actress Alexis Carra adds, "You live like a monk. You don't eat a full meal past noon, you can't satiate yourself with any social media, food, alcohol, sex - all you have are your own thoughts."
© WENN Newsdesk 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment